Leta i den här bloggen

lördag 12 november 2011

My mosaic table

Last summer I wanted to make a table to put outdoor in my garden. So I opted for a mosaic table made from old tiles that I cut in pieces.



But first I draw the patterns I wanted - a turquoise sea, a sun and a blue sky - on the table.
Then piece by piece I put them there and glued them on the table with cement.


Now it was time for the finishing touch, and after that I was ready to put it all out in the sun in my garden. Or at least I thought so.



And it turned out well, at first. At least it looked good. Then I placed a sink in the table, so I could be able to wash hands outside.
But then it started to rain, not uncommon here in Sweden. And then it all fell apart, and had to throw it all away....
But it was beautiful as long it lasted.
If you want to see what I got instead - look for the blog post here on My blog from Ostuna that's about home made pizzas.
http://agnetanisbeth.blogspot.com/2011/10/homemade-pizza-al-forno-legna.html

And here in another mosaic table - from Thailand:
http://agnetanisbeth.blogspot.se/2012/09/mosaic-table-and-chair.html




1 kommentar:

  1. What an incredible journey you've shared with us! Your blog post about crafting a mosaic side table for your garden is both inspiring and informative. The idea of repurposing old tiles to create a mosaic masterpiece is not only sustainable but also adds a unique touch to your outdoor space.
    Thank you for sharing your experience and providing valuable insights into crafting a mosaic side table. Your blog has ignited a spark of creativity within me, and I can't wait to explore the world of mosaic art myself. Keep up the fantastic work, and I look forward to reading more about your creative projects in the future!



    SvaraRadera